SEIU is looking for research associates for our national Health Care campaign located in Washington, DC. We are looking for self-starting, intellectually curious people who are excited about developing expertise in new areas of corporate research.
• Compiles, researches, presents and summarizes data on industries, companies, individuals, issues and other topics in support of SEIU's program.
• Responds to requests for information from Locals and appropriately defines and develops them; makes referrals as necessary.
• Synthesizes relevant facts/issues from a large amount of information/data.
• Works with Local Union staff to gather and provide information in a timely fashion.
• Develops and implements his/her weekly work plan; meets deadlines.
• Demonstrates the capability to learn and develop new skills.
• Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in economics, business, statics, labor relations or a related field and two (2) years experience in research, with demonstrated ability in quantitative or qualitative research, even as a student. Successful completion of the required research test.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2h5k6n5xzh